Famous Pickup Artist Is Now A Bitcoin Expert
It turns out the Winklessvoss twins weren’t the only famous (or famous-like) participants at last month’s Bitcoin Conference. A perceptive Redditor noticed another well-known face: notorious pick-up artist “Lovedrop,” who is now an expert in bitcoin. His real name, the one that he was using at the conference, is Chris Odom. Odom appeared at the conference as a panelist on the subject “Bitcoin in the Future.”
Lovedrop was part of the crew of pickup artists (known as PUAs) affiliated with Mystery and who taught seminars for “the Mystery Method.” Mystery was the subject of the book The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists, by Neil Strauss, and later a star of the VH1 reality show The Pickup Artist, where Mystery and his team of wingmen helped socially awkward nerds pick up women.
Odom is a co-author of the books The Venusian Arts Handbook (2005) and The Mystery Method: How to Get Beautiful Women into Bed (2007). He also appears in an instructional video series with Mystery. Recently, Lovedrop did a Reddit AMA on the subject “Hi, I’m am a PUA. Ask me anything.”
At press time, it is unclear whether or not babes love a guy with bitcoins.
4. Chris Odom aka “Lovedrop” in a pickup-artist instructional video:
5. Lovedrop’s demonstration on how to “kino escalate” with a girl (PUA terminology for how to make casual physical contact):
7. Lovedrop (right) with Mystery’s other main wingman, “Matador.”
8. Chris Odom speaking on bitcoin for the site Future Money Trends:
9. Video of the “Bitcoin in the Future” panel with Odom:
Thanks to @anthonypants for the tip.